Tuesday, October 31, 2017

October 2017 | MONTH IN REVIEW


Here's a quick summary of what we were up to this month.

  • Some of you may know, I flew back to Malaysia via New York & Hong Kong on October 6th, leaving Alex on his own on Raptor to continue working on our never ending list of boat projects. 
  • It took a total of approximately 24 hours of flight time, 8 hours of transit time, 1/2 an hours train ride and an hours car ride to get from Port of Spain, Trinidad to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I finally arrived home on October 8th (after ~34 hours of travel time!)
  • Haven't been posting much as I've been quite busy with family activities and duties. My first order of business when I got home was to send my dear niece to her swimming, music and ballet classes the next morning. I was also tasked to cook dinner on weekdays!
  • On one of the nights, I made them my "famous" chicken rice! Unfortunately the chicken we had was.. well, kinda hairy {yikes}. My mum and I tried our best to pluck as much as we could, but my nephews found a couple of strays and they were horrified! I guess my famous chicken rice is now infamous! ;(
  • I celebrated my birthday again at my favorite all-you-can-eat Japanese Steamboat at Sukiya in Paradigm Mall, had a delicious chocolate cake and also received lots of lovely birthday presents! Thank you family! ♥
  • Time really flies by when you're busy {or having fun}. Much like being on the boat, the days just go by so quickly.. 
  • While I've been busy with family stuff back in Malaysia, Alex has been working hard to make as much progress as he possibly can on Raptor before he joins me next month.
  • He's been pretty good at taking photos of his hard work and sending them to me.
  • He made quite a bit of progress on the Jib Sail Track project despite the rainy weather. Finally filled the cavity with fiberglass and foam, and of course, lots of sanding! See photos below. Stay tuned for a separate post.
  • He also painted the fuel tank. I guess that's about as much as he can do on the Fuel Tank project for now. Till we get the parts i.e. fuel filters (Racor 500FG & 10" stainless steel Shelco), pump (Walbro FRB-22) & variety of connection fittings from the US. 

Check out our posts this month:

Hurricanes 2017

Jib Sail Track Project (Part I)

Jib Sail Track Project (Part II)

 

September 2017 | MONTH IN REVIEW >>

November 2017 | MONTH IN REVIEW <<

 


Flight home (Goodbye Trinidad!)
My famous/infamous chicken rice!
Made my favourite burrito bowl for my favourite family
Met up with Daniela's good friend Nicole from Switzerland in Sunway Pyramid
Cut-out pieces of foam to be filled into the deck (part of the Jib Sail Track project)
After many days of layering fiberglass, foam & epoxy and of course lots of unpleasant sanding!
And finally, the painted fuel tank
Lovely photo of the Lighthouse in Chaguaramas (unedited)
Goodbye for now Chaguaramas!

That's all for now.. till next month! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY. WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...